Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Clarence White Tele
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Clarence White
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raybob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor guty has 2 negative feedbacks past 6 months.:

Seller said basement flooded and item got wet. Item not shipped. Buyer: jtbbirddog ( 75) Aug-27-11 20:40
PEAVEY XR684 STEREO POWERED MIXER XR-684 (#130558429106) US $260.00

Smelled really really bad, but managed to wash it so it's ok, it works. Buyer: einsiteq ( 19) Sep-21-11 02:53
Reply by musicgearama (Sep-28-11 12:31):
So sorry about that, we didn't pick up any smells at this end. Enjoy the mic!
AUDIO TECHNICA ATM63 MICROPHONE (#130562970886) US $37.36

Poor guy can't even smell a stinky smell!
isenhour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me add to this the mysterious Bart Haney drummer for the Byrds and now Ky. Colonels. It's now a well known fact that from the mouth of Roland White that when the Ky. Cols. plugged in towards the end of their band that they did hire Bart Haney as drummer from Oct. 1965 to June,1966. Did Warford not remember ole Bart from those days prior to him joining? Now with that information forward to late 1972, I can surmise that during the final 5 months of the CW Bryds after Gene Parsons left the band and they were pretty much only doing weekend gigs to make a living and the fact that Parsons replacement, John Guerin was more a part-timer due to his session jobs the Byrds did have to hire last minute replacements for Guerin. While usually the job to find one was on head Byrd McGuinn it is possible he struck out and CW said I can get us my old buddy Bart to help out one weekend. While Rogan mentions several other not so well known drummer stand-ins during this 5 month period it is very possible he did not name them all especially those that would have been one timers. One timers are hard to prove and it's even possible McGuinn would not remember the guys name that CW knew. Since McGuinn can't recall, CW and Skip are dead, Roland was on the Opry with Flatt and Gene Parsons wasn't even around and possible Seiter and Dinky didn't do all the final gigs especially those one nighters where the Byrds didn't set up sound systems it is possible Bart did play at least one gig with the final lineup of the Byrds in late '72 to early '73. Bart's wife knew of the show with the Byrds and knew that was his only claim to fame so she never forgot it. Now just because I am leaning towards believing in Bart was a Byrds drummer does not mean I accept that this was CW's old '68 tele that he tried to rig up a Bbender without the knowledge of Gene. I say if Gene don't know about this guitar it is pretty much dead in the water.
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Yep. To save us all from having to think about the pathetic claims of that guitar the cwForum hearby proclaims this 'case closed' Cool Laughing Wink
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Brian wrote:
Yep. To save us all from having to think about the pathetic claims of that guitar the cwForum hearby proclaims this 'case closed' Cool Laughing Wink

With all due respect to all...I will now put this thread to sleep..zzzzzzz Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Clarence White All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: