Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D-18 GE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muttcaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Miller wrote:
Quote:
mostly was just giving Don a hard time.

Haaa!...and here I thought you were sharing your experience and expertise..

Well, that, too. Kysers are my least favorite capo and the headstock IS the worst place to store them. I know a lot of people like them, but I won one once and I use it as a clamp to hold sandpaper to my bench.
Don Miller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After using one for a bit, I think I like the Shubbs...Ive had one for a while but never used it much...Ive been trying to work out a version of "Hickory Wind" for my band...the thing is the vocal works best for me in F....not one of my favorite guitar keys....so I've been using the shubb alot to move the chord shapes to D or E...
Brian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withthe SHubb...what I find that works best is to keep the closed side of the capo on the upper side of the neck (the side of the neck that you can see). It stays out of the way of your fretting hand better that way...
freddairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a beautiful guitar. I'm more of an electric guitarist but I've just gotten into acoustic bluegrass guitar and I gotta say a Martin D-18GE is something I really want right now. Enjoy that guitar!
Don Miller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am digging the guitar....

A glitch of sorts with Martin...they balked at the warranty registration becuase they say the store I bought it from was not the store it was shipped to...and the store I bought it from is "working on it"...so maybe theres more to the NOS story than I was led to believe...no doubt the guitar is pristine, but appearently the trail of ownership is muddled (???) either by time or by circumstance...I havent spoke with Martin yet...I figured I'd give the store a chance to straighten it out...but I figure I'll call next week if things arent resolved and see for mayself what the story is...

In the meanwhile, Im just gonna play the thing...we got a Halloween gig, and are whipping up some appropriate tunes (while the other guitar player wants to use our limited practice time to play songs we'd never play in public...but thats another story)...so Im sitting around at home playing "Monster Mash" on a D-18....that wont cause some sort of karmic tear in the fabric of the universe or anything, will it??
rballister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I just had a FEELING that this existed:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Mash-Hayseed-Dixie/dp/B000I5YVGG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1255748884&sr=1-13

I guess the D-18 won't have any problem with it!
Don Miller

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haaa..yeah that'll work...
freddairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet Monster Mash sounds great on that guitar!

I've decided to sell my Custom Shop Nocaster and see if I can come up with enough dough for a D-18GE. The GAS for one of these is too much.
Don Miller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the saga of the NOS D18GE continues...I called Martin this morning...my guitar was orignally shipped to an outfit called European Crafts in Hollywood CA...in June 2003 (its a 2003, I read the S/N guide wrong)...

So I google these guys...very little comes up...eventually found a url...and when I tried to open it all this google mal-ware warning stuff pops up...

The address is:

European Crafts, Inc.
3637 Cahuenga Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90068

I was wondering if any of you LA guys know-know of this business...

Apparently when dealers trade inventory, the warrenty doesnt transfer even if the inbventory is new. sealed in the box, etc...

Im still very happy witht e guitar...and wherever its been since 6/03 its been well taken care of...I put a set of theose Tony Rice String on it and it just zings...I am a little disturbed about this warrenty deal tho....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Flatpickin' All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: