Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Essential Clarence White book
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandon_white's_grandson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea! Its like hitting the genetic lottery, so sureal to actually feel the amount of musical talent that were blessed with... the pick strokes and everything are comming naturally..

Ive been playin since i was around 16 or 17 (im goin on 21 now), but never gave it real attention until the past year or so..

but ive been on the ball and at it everyday, and now i love and look forward to practicing! its verrrryy addictive Very Happy

im always wishing i could just sit and play forever, but school and work are constantly getting in the way Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bryan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, i'm new here in this Forum , from europe, and it's an honour to be here. My name is really( officially) spelt Brian, yet there is already a Brian here so i'm going with Bryan.

The reason for my posting in this thread is that I wish to purchase the Clarence White book and yet there seems to be only one way to pay on the website and i don't have a PayPal account. Is there any other possible route to go with this ? Have i missed something ?

Thank You in advance, and thank You for publishing. I am really pleased that this book is the acoustic work of Clarence !
and a special thank You to those who maintain the Forum here.

kindest regards,
Bryan
Don Miller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.flatpickingmercantile.com/

Flatpicking Guitar Magazine carries it in their online store, and it looks like they may take plastic...and ship overseas.

By the way..Ive had my copy since January...but only recently sat down and started to work thru the book. It is very well done...

After getting into the tunes a bit its very apparent that much of Clarence's electric style evoled from his flatpicking....so for those who whined that the book did not include any electric guitar techniques...its in there..ya gotta look for it...

The crosspicking (I didnt realize that he did as much as he did until I tried to figure out why all those extra notes were on the tableture) and the syncopations will take some time...Roland comments about the time required to develop the crosspicking techniques...but for anyone interested in Clarences style the book is a great resource...
Muttcaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan wrote:
My name is really( officially) spelt Brian, yet there is already a Brian here so i'm going with Bryan.

Whoa...whoa, there hoss!!!! I'm a "Bryan" and I was here first. Maybe "Byran" or "Byron" is available. Or my favorite- "Brain".

Laughing
Don Miller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha..I bet we can tell you guys apart...
Murr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Laughing Shocked Razz Confused Surprised Rolling Eyes Wink

The CWf crew welcomes Bryan !!!

Cool
Bryan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for Your replies and my sincerest apologies for my delay responding. It takes work to earn the money to buy the books and the musical instruments and i got busy at that end of the spectrum.

The user name "Bryan" was available when I signed up, seems the system doesn't allow to use non-available "user names". I'm sure we will be able to differentiate between me and anyone else whatever their chosen user name is ; I'm the guy who asks questions and doesn't know anything here compared to anyone else.

I'll order the book thro the magazine, i think, though their extra charges make it some what more expensive.

thank You again and for Your welcome to the Forum.

regards, the other Bryan
freddairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Miller wrote:

After getting into the tunes a bit its very apparent that much of Clarence's electric style evoled from his flatpicking....so for those who whined that the book did not include any electric guitar techniques...its in there..ya gotta look for it...

I just got this book a little over a month ago. I actually bought it in hopes of just understanding Clarence's electric guitar playing better. I knew it was an acoustic/bluegrass book so I'm not saying I was expecting something else. e.g. Clarence does a lot of quick flatpicked runs on the the Nashville West album and I can see how his style developed onto the electric guitar more now.

My problem is now that I've bought this book I had to spend more money on an acoustic guitar and I've been diving deep into bluegrass music and having so much fun doing this that I've neglected my electric guitars!
Rosemarie J

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not a bad thing....you can always go back to electric when you learn it on acoustic.
Bryan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have returned to this thread because when posting the first time around i was under the impression that to order the Clarence White book on Roland's website i needed to have a PayPal account. Not so, I have recently found out that to order via PayPal one does not need to have a PayPal account and so can order via PayPal, on Roland's site, with a credit card.
Ordered end of last week and my order arrived today. Thank Roland and Diane

Bryan ( the other one).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: