Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have a set of.................

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Hayes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Anyone have a set of................. Reply with quote

stock Telecaster pickups they'd let go of cheap? Just the factory pups, nothing else.........Thanks, JH in Va.
Raybob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can't find a set but if you find a neck p/u, I have a stock Fender bridge p/u. Not sure what to charge you because I don't remember what it cost. If you need it, make me a good offer and it's yours. I have a paypal account.

Raybob
meatandpotatas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few pickups hiding somewhere. If I remember right, there's a stock set from a MIJ '52 RI, circa mid-90's. Might also have a Lollar neck pup, but sold the bridge a while back. Let me know if any of that interests you, I'll go see if I still have 'em.
Matt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meatandpotatas wrote:
I've got a few pickups hiding somewhere. If I remember right, there's a stock set from a MIJ '52 RI, circa mid-90's. Might also have a Lollar neck pup, but sold the bridge a while back. Let me know if any of that interests you, I'll go see if I still have 'em.

What model is the Lollar neck pickup?
meatandpotatas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What model is the Lollar neck pickup?
It's labeled "Vintage", but I had thought it was a "52" - guess I have it backwards. I remember going to his shop to try out both sets, and taking home a bridge from one and neck from the other. Seems like there was more difference between the bridge pickups anyway, although both sets are fairly low output.
getbent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have a set of................. Reply with quote

Jerry Hayes wrote:
stock Telecaster pickups they'd let go of cheap? Just the factory pups, nothing else.........Thanks, JH in Va.

Jerry, send me your address. I have some pickups you can have.
jimmydeluxe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to change the bridge pickup on my homebuilt esquire w/higgens peg bender, I've currently got a 50's spec vintage axesrus pup, but I really don't like it. It sounds really metallic like and distorted even on a really clean setting. Does anyone have any bridge pickups they might want to part company with for some money? I really want something like my CS Nocaster bridge pup which is warm and not too twangy but 90 for a set of proper fender ones when I only need the bridge seems extortionate. I'm completely open to suggestions and just trying something out. Does anyone have anything going spare that might fit the bill?
Raybob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,
I tried to send you a PM but I don't think it worked. I have the bridge p/u I first spoke about I got on eBay. I believe it is from a mexican Tele but don't remember for sure. I never tried it as I'm using Bardens. It measures 7.2K with an ohm meter and has two cloth insulation wires, black and yellowish white.

Do you have a paypal account? Can you send pounds into dollars? Don't know shipping cost to where you are but make me an offer.

Raybob
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Trade & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: