Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Princeton Recording Amp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogbear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Princeton Recording Amp Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience with this amp. Interesting concept. I see there has been a couple of barbs about it in TPDRI, but; no details. I can't even find one to try. Is this dead out of the gate?
Brian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen any in person but there's a couple on ebay and you can probably buy one from Musicians Friend... Actually if you did that you could return it within 30 days (I believe) if you didn't like it.

People complained about the concept since a) they had no need for built in stomp boxes and b) lack of tremolo and c) suspicious about the solid state power attenuator.

But then most (if not all) the complaints were from folks that never tried it...and simply wanted a re-issue of a a real Princeton Reverb.

There's a video on it you can check out here
http://www.gearwire.com/fender-princeton-recording-amp.html
Dogbear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brian, I keep on trying to find one to demo. I really don't need the high cost or the internal stomp boxes, just a small tube amp for recording. I was just curious. A re-issue of a a real Princeton Reverb would be nice.
DaveF

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Had one home last night! Reply with quote

Well I brought a Princeton Recording Amp home last night to try out! I'm sorry guys but I wasn't real impressed with it. Crying or Very sad I was hoping with the size it would do what I want...I am a pretty clean player and found that the break up was so quick that you really couldn't get anything out of it. Yes you can plug it direct for recording but still....I have a Vox AC15 that is similar in size and walks all over it IMHO! I was really hoping though!
MarkT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised they never reissued the real Princeton. Seems like a no-brainer reissue to me.
Brian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkT wrote:
I'm surprised they never reissued the real Princeton. Seems like a no-brainer reissue to me.

Yeah I agree with that. The guy at Fender that did the info-mercial video for the Princeton Recording amp (Shane Nicholas)...Said that people have been asking for that re-issue for years...but Fender knew better and came out with the Princeton Recording Amp...sheesh. I wonder what the sales are like on that amp and if it will e discontinued.

The thing about Princeton Reverbs though...they are great for small gigs, recording and practice...but you hear alot of people that have them always wanting to hot rod them to make them louder... in which case you might as well just get a Deluxe Reverb (or Deluxe) and be done with it.
MarkT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted them to reissue a Brown face era amp or at least the circuit and trem, but looks like that will never happen. I also think a Vibroking and in a smaller Deluxe reverb package with a 12" speaker would be amazing.

I would have to believe the Princeton will reappear one day. If I was rich I would buy a couple Victoria amps and never look back. I want a Trem d'la Trem.
Paul Honeycutt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that Fender is going to add the Princeton Reverb to the "65" series of reissue Fender amps (Twin, Super and Deluxe Reverb). Release date was said to be this summer. Does anyone know if this is true?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: