Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pay Pal option available, on Ebay for Black C.W. T-Shirts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwhite

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Way cooL Reply with quote

This is a nite to remember ...
I finally break down and the kids and I (Victoria 9 & Taurus 3).. and Shayla, Lawrences neice / my cousin to
go watch Lawrence and his band practice. ... and of coarse they're awesome .. (had bought the CW T's and each had 'em on -

We all knew Taurus was singing and bangin his head to the music like a lil pro right ?? We all look again and he's sat a metal chair in front of him, with two pencils in his hands ..... .watching every stroke of those drumsticks, and drumming right along with Lawrence and the kid didn't miss a beat = /
we were trippin
Cool talk about a proud parent moment Mr. Green
Muttcaster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Either way ... Reply with quote

mwhite wrote:
I just need to promote them

Suggestions, as one who has been there, done that (self-published book, instructional material, etc.):

1) give it some time. Word of mouth is always the best and it takes a little time for word to get around. Think of it as a 5-yr project and you're starting to get the idea. My book has been out for 14 years and sold very slowly for the 1st 5, then picked up to its current level and has stayed steady.

2) I've already suggested Paypal, but you should pursue it. The reason is that a lot of people have "fun money" in a Paypal account and will be more likely to buy stuff from that money than write a check. It's also much faster $$$ transfer and you can pay and print shipping labels directly from Paypal which means that all the "shirt money' sort of stays together. And finally, Paypal gives you an easy way to take credit cards. Yes, Paypal does hit you with some fees, but so does any other credit card system. To manage my Tortis pick and DVD business, I setup a savings account at the bank specifically for my Paypal account. This makes is SO much easier to keep my $$$ straight. Don't leave a lot of money in either your Paypal or special savings account. Paypal will also make my next suggestion a lot easier:

3) Ebay. Ebay will give the shirts a LOT more visibility that you'll get here among us fanatics. As with Paypal, yes, there are some hassles involved, but if you want to sell shirts, you'll have to deal with those hassles. All business has hassles and Ebay will give you access to millions of people, not just dozens.

4) Get a small website up. I use NoHassle Hosting, starting as low as $5/month. You'll eventually get into search engines and linked from other people's pages and...well....see #1, above. Along with a Paypal link, this lets people find you. Sooner or later (probably sooner, if some of us go point the shirts out), your shirts will get noticed on the other forums (flatpickin.com, martin forum, flatpick-l, etc) and things will pick up. See #1 again. Having a website (and an on-going Ebay auction can serve as such) will give people a consistent reference. For instance, if a person is looking for me, they google my name and ta-da...there's my website. "Bryan Kimsey"- go ahead and Google it.

5) Keep your inventory up and in stock. Nothing will kill a sale faster than not having stock.

The main advice besides the above that I can offer is to make it easy for people to pay, offer a good product, and get the stuff shipped quickly. If you do this, sales will be steady or increasing. Focus on product and service and the sales will come. As mentioned, I sell Tortis picks, instructional DVD's, and have a self-published book (currently in its 4th printing). It's not uncommon for me to get up in the morning and have $50-150 worth of sales sitting in my Inbox. I'll never get rich from this, but it does help pay the bills.
mwhite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Hey - Reply with quote

thank you for that advice .....

MW
Wink Mr. Green
Mur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool shirts Michelle ..very kewell!
mwhite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Mr. Green
Thank you , thank you ...
Rosemarie J

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to order one as soon as I get my first pay check! Yes I got a job!!!! Very Happy
Mur

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received mine ..wow that was fast ..thanx Michelle.
Don Miller

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I just received mine too...and that was quick...ditto on the thanks, Michelle
raoul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the ad on eBay. Michelle, something's wrong with the shipping costs. It says FREE DELIVERY - DIGITAL DELIVERY which is for digital items.
mwhite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: NOTE EMAIL CHANGE Reply with quote

My old email is:
mchellewhite@bellsouth.net

My NEW email:

mchellewhite@comcast.net

I'm declaring the White name back !! TA DA ....(where's the red carpet?)
Mr. Green
mwhite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: LOL sorry Reply with quote

I didn't know what the ___ I was doing when listing a classified ad -

um, that's it. Just know that I'm learning ? Look over anything looking querky, but at least my pay pal works !!

ehm, heh.

Mwhite
Mur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I saw Brian yesterday -he was wearing the Clarence White shirt ..looked good!
Don Miller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wore mine too...had several people ask me about it too....
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines the Tulsa County BLUE color Cool
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: I'll take an XXL in any color but black.... Reply with quote

Brian's TC blue looked great; should have done that song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Trade & Sell All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: