Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you all
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I must stand up for my acoustic group....even though I know we are in the minority. If the pic includes a guitar, it must be acoustic! The real solution would be to offer two different shirt designs, of course. But us wood and air guys must take a stand here! Clarence- king of the flat top box!
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple designs/themes for T shirts make sense. But we need to start somewhere so narrowing the focus makes sense as well.

I had a thought the AM... photographs won't necessarily look good on a T shirt due to graphic images and phot qualiy etc. What would really make sense is if we had a garphic artist to make some nice sketches/drawings that would lend themself better to a T shirt design. This would also avoid any copyright problems. What do you al think? But we need a skilled artist!
meatandpotatas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
What would really make sense is if we had a garphic artist to make some nice sketches/drawings that would lend themself better to a T shirt design. This would also avoid any copyright problems. What do you al think? But we need a skilled artist!

That's what I've been thinking to myself the whole time. I've seen the T-shirt business first hand, as my dad has independently produce shirts off/on for almost 20 years. One of my brothers, a fellow bluegrasser, has also produced T-shirts for his company at various times. There's a few major issues to consider: 1) T-shirt quality - it's gotta last and be comfy, right? 2) The printer - a good printer makes all the difference......and last but probably most important: 3) Design. The cost and quality of a design is based on the number of colors involved. A 2-color shirt can be great, but you'd be amazed how easy it is to find yourself with 8-12 colors in a design - a pricey shirt indeed.

I'm not a graphic designer, but I've got the artistic skills of my brother and dad, and could possibly sketch some ideas out. I don't know if I can meet a bunch of strict deadlines, but I can try to come up with something, and post some scans.
bluesoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two thoughts
1) does michelle have any photos that her family took of her dad that could possibly be used - why not have the copyrights for the the images go back to her (this is what this about right?)
2) why not a picture of clarence with acoustic on one side of the shirt and electric on the other? he was a master of both and a major influence on both electric and acoustic players.
just my daily 2 cents. Wink
mwhite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: sorry about the disappearing Reply with quote

act heh , for the past couple of weeks ? I have completely moved in though ! And I've been running ever since, trying to get doctors appts in..... I got that horrible flu / virus awful crap...stuff and wanted to jump off the nearest cliff you hurt so bad. But I have earned new immunities now.... lol...

anway, I thought I'd get some opinions... and yes a guitar on one side, with a pic on the other... and I've got some, that would be good. I will let you guys know when I put it together... I've gotta find the right shop, now... (thanks for the ideas !)

i'll get busy tomorrow..

Michelle =)
frankfurtele

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: shirt Reply with quote

hello michellle pleasure to be in the presence of greatness. People were saying about personal pict sures how abou ta pic of your dad when he is little playing the guitar on front maybe then on back have him when hes older. easy black and white design
i have a friend here in canada that runs a screen print shop maybe i could get him to do the screens up
the ideas flowing like kettle creek frankfurtele
Rosemarie J

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of ....
picture of Clarence with acoustic on the front saying
"he began..."
on the back with picture with bender ....
"he was"
"remembering Clarence White the Legend"
Just my 2 cents Very Happy
mwhite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Hmm I like that Reply with quote

Rosemarie ... (Hi!)

I like that idea... I will write it down and i'm going to shop around today and get quotes....

Michelle
Steve-o

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOO- great ideas from Brian and James- graphic image(s). I have access to people who could produce the artwork. A good line drawing could be really neat- let's say, white line on a black/blue T-shirt. In any case, we should continue to pursue this excellent option.
mwhite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a graphic designer, but I've got the artistic skills of my brother and dad, and could possibly sketch some ideas out. I don't know if I can meet a bunch of strict deadlines, but I can try to come up with something, and post some scans
---------------------------

I'm not about deadlines heh..trust me. I can come up with something now, with the pics that's been displayed, that'll look nice, then we can work on something else too ..
I live my life so on a do as I can basis, I cannot be about deadlines..

and love it ! HA .. i'm enjoying my new life , by the way...
Now it's time to get inspired ~
mwhite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: any ideas or Reply with quote

agreed Cool .. any thing that someone wants to mail me, send a note with
and I'm going to come out with something simple, maybe in the meantime because it can help me financially... as i'm looking for work.

But who says we can't do more than one ?

Michelle
mwhite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O you may need this:

Michelle W. Bledsoe
314 B January Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Rosemarie J

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to hear you are doing well. Beings I'm unemployed at the moment maybe I can help Wink
bossaroo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: hi! Reply with quote

I'm an artist and musician, and Clarence is my favorite guitarist of all-time.

It would be such a thrill for me to have a chance at creating an image of Clarence for a t-shirt, but I also like the idea of doing more than one design. There are just so many great photos of the man.

Here is a small example of what I do:

you can find me at www.myspace.com/bossaroo
or email me at sharkdeville@yahoo.com

best wishes,
r. scott murray
meatandpotatas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: hi! Reply with quote

bossaroo wrote:
I'm an artist and musician, and Clarence is my favorite guitarist of all-time.

Ladies and Gents, I think we have a winner! I'm confident in my skills, but no way could I do any better than those examples. I especially like the Garcia pic...I feel as if I know that one from somewhere Cool .

Here's a couple pics that might be a good place to start:

There's another one that I can't find, that I think would be perfect...Clarence standing on stage playing the Tele, a photo that looks like it was made for a poster/shirt. You guys would know it if you saw it...

Anyway, lots of things you could do. Line drawings are a good idea. I was thinking you could do a simple silouhette/word design...but I'd need that pic to explain.

It could be cool to incorporate the Tele, as mentioned. Also might be nice to fit in some classy Western design, to better target the country-rock audience. Maybe use some of Clarence's stage suits for inspiration on that end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Clarence White All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: