Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boost and Scream....Pro Mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
telemetric

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Boost and Scream....Pro Mod Reply with quote

Howdy out there. Just wanted to say how much I like the mod that Brian did for my Boost N Scream pedal. The "Pro" version is much more touch sensitive than the regular conventional "scream" distortion. Relax your attack and it plays cleaner, much more like a tube amp. Kudos to Brian whose soul keeps getting more rubbery...(whatever that means!)
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Randy...yeah the BNS Pro is kind of my favorite pedal right now..aside from the LPBx/Blender. The straight BNS was simply a TS-808 Tube Screamer circuit mated with an LPB1.

The Pro Mod eliminates the fizzy compressed sound of the Tube Screamer and turns it into a completey different pedal. In The Pro setting it just works so cool with a Fender amp. Really sends the amp into another realm. A small switch changes it from stock to Pro...but I agree that I would rarely use the stock mode...unless I wanted to get more fuzz at low volume..ie from the pedal (and not from driving the amp hard).

I'll have to make some sound samples..
telemetric

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, just got through practicing and transcribing some Larry Carlton playing
on The Royal Scam by Steely Dan. Was able to replicate his tone at low volume with the Pro setting on the Boost'nScream. Lots of fun!
Thanks again for making such a cool pedal.
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Randy...glad it worked for you! I just sent you an email...

Other folks who have older versions of pedals... I will gladly upgrade your's (with miniswitches) ...email me if interested..
Silverface

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, do the mods work on the original blender clone as well, or just the Boost 'n Scream? I had to put the blender aside - it was just too raspy with steel, as it gets nailed hard by the high-impedance pickup - makes it sound a lot different than with guitar.
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim... I have a mod that eliminates the octave sound with mini switch..but the Blender is still a fuzz (more so than a Boost N Scream or Tube Screamer for example). One of the mods for the Blender involves the tone bypass switch. One of the settings reduces the fuzz in the mix between the cleanand fuzz... Not sure if this is what your looking for. Email or call me if you want.. Brian
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: