Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marty and Kenny's Signals From Kenny Himself

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbridled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Marty and Kenny's Signals From Kenny Himself Reply with quote

I saw them last summer and have been wondering about what they run, so I asked Kenny what the chain is.

Here is Kenny's:

I use a Bearfoot Pale Green Compressor on one of my boards with a Pigtronix Echolution analog ( the first version ) delay that has a boost section, I simply dial the delay out of the signal, as the boost is so great. If I want delay, I just dial it in.

My other board has an Exotic XP Compressor and an Exotic EP Booster. I'm always careful to set compression at a minimum, and I set the boost pretty high, with the Compressor in front of the booster. The Bearfoot is the best. Both of the compression units that I use have the ability to dial out the "spitty" Nashville Tele sound that I go to great lengths to avoid.

The most important thing is to get a Fender Deluxe Reverb, Vibroluxe Reverb, or Princeton Reverb that was made between 1964 & 1974, have the speaker(s) replaced with a high quality alnico speaker(s) and have a qualified repair person re-cap the amp and make sure that the circuit is returned to original specs and have the tubes checked for quality. The reissue Fender amps are terrible, a very bad investment. The good thing about the old ones is that once you spend the $$$ on rehabilitation, they last a long time. If you don't have a good repairman, ship it to Nashville Amp Service in Nashville. They are the best.

Kenny

Marty's is much simpler:

Marty uses an early 70s Deluxe Reverb with the expensive Jensen Alnico replacement speaker and a Radial orange box with the boost control.

Just wanted to have a new thread on this forum and to answer a question I've seen before.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: