Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flying Burrito Brothers W/Clarence * The Palomino complete *

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdlash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Flying Burrito Brothers W/Clarence * The Palomino complete * Reply with quote

Ever wonder what Clarence would sound like with The Flying Burrito Brothers? I've had an audience version of this for years, but this one sounds amazing. You have to have a free account with Dime a Dozen. Grab this one while you can!

Flying Burrito Brothers * The Palomino complete * North Hollywood, CA * June 8, 1969 * Direct Lineage to Master

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=72042&dllist

Info:
THE FLYING BURRITO BROTHERS
June 8, 1969
The Palomino, North Hollywood, CA

About 10 years ago (this did say 15 years when first posted, but I realized I was off by a few), a friend told me that a co-worker of his had recorded the Flying Burrito Brothers in the late '60s. As the story goes, the guy was something of an audiophile and had recorded this show on reel to reel in stereo, of sorts, with one mic on the stage and another spread far apart.

While the recording had circulated before, the guy went back to his original reels and did what was described as a "meticulous transfer." I don't know if it was done on a computer or on a standalone, but what was sent to me were two CD-Rs. I'm pretty sure they were straight off his DAT or the CD-R set he had made for himself direct from the reels. The quality of his transfer was superior to anything I had heard before. All edits, fades and such are his doing. The lineage here is Master Reel > DAT or CD-R > CD-R(1) > FLAC.

The credits below are from the notes he sent to me with the discs. Some titles and spellings differ slightly from what's listed on some websites as are the order of the sets. You make the call.

The Band: Gram Parsons, Chris Hillman, Sneaky Pete Kleinow, Michael Clarke and Chris Ethridge, joined by Clarence White

Jimmy Morris takes lead vocals on "Life in Prison" and "Hungry Eyes," and sings on "High on a Hilltop"

Part One
1. Sing Me Back Home
2. Train Song
3. Dream Baby (with reprise)
4. She Once Lived Here
5. Get Ourselves Together
6. Long Black Limousine
7. Dark End of The Street
8. She Thinks I Still Care
9. Undo the Right/Somebody's Back In Town
10. Lucille
11. I Threw Away The Rose
12. You Win Again

Part Two
1. Buckaroo
2. Sweet Mental Revenge
3. Another Place Another Time
4. Life In Prison
5. Hungry Eyes/High On A Hill Top
6. Sing Me Back Home
7. Hot Burrito #1
8. Hot Burrito #2
9. Train Song
10. Everybody Loves A Winner

Hope you find this worthwhile. Check the MP3 sample below to decide if this represents an upgrade.

Butterking, for JEMS
rickhouston

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: burrito sit-in by CW, can't get registered w/ that site, can Reply with quote

really sorry to ask this, but i tried to register to hear that burrito recording online, the dime a dozen site is maxed out, says it can only take 100,000 subscribers so may not be able to accomodate more in future. would anyone care to somehow record/save/make available (the burrito tape) to this CWF forum website any other way?

i realize it is a lot to ask. hoping to hear it sometime, hillman/kleinow/white the god/gram collaboration or just jam should be very interesting.
many thanks in advance-
RE
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the better Clarence-related trax are available right here...
http://www.clarencewhiteforum.com/mp3/FBB_Palomino_Buckaroo.mp3
http://www.clarencewhiteforum.com/mp3/FBB_Palomino_DarkEndOfTheStreet.mp3
http://www.clarencewhiteforum.com/mp3/FBB_Palomino_LifeInPrison.mp3
http://www.clarencewhiteforum.com/mp3/FBB_Palomino_MentalRevenge.mp3
http://www.clarencewhiteforum.com/mp3/FBB_Palomino_SingMebackHome.mp3

Cool
mwhite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Wow ... Reply with quote

Interesting ..... Cool
Jason Odd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: well it's 1969 ok Reply with quote

Jimmy Morris/Morse was from a rival club, Dick Clark's VIS club.
Clarence used to jam with some of the guys from the VIS band at the Imperial Inn after hours jam (run by Earl Ball), Clarence was without a doubt one of the main links between the Hollywood studio pickers, the songwriters at the Troubador and the straight up country pickers around the L.A. honky-tonk bar scene.
Silverface

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this site? I clicked on what appeared to be a download link and got a 25k file that can't be opened....so I tried a Cream one from the site and got a slightly larger file...same thing. No mp3's to be found - but a lot of posts about "seeders"...??????
rickhouston

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: to brian, thanks for the mp3 conversion work Reply with quote

thanks a lot, if not for you, us non-computer techies couldn't have heard any of it.
RE
Brian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silverface wrote:
What is this site? I clicked on what appeared to be a download link and got a 25k file that can't be opened....so I tried a Cream one from the site and got a slightly larger file...same thing. No mp3's to be found - but a lot of posts about "seeders"...??????

Jim...

You need an account on Dimeadozen site...

then you need a bit torrent s/w package on your PC like (G3 Torrent...do a search on Google for this) ...then once you use that to download the large 'flac' files... (these take a long time to download)

you need a flac to wav file converter... (do a Google search for 'flac to wav' for a free software converter)..

I use G3 Torrent (for downlaoding the flac files) and mkwACT (for file conversion) do searches for these
Byrdbrain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: And for those with a Mac ... Reply with quote

Mac users can try Transmisson for the downloading of torrents and xAct for the conversion of FLAC and Shorten files.
I've had some luck with these applications. Very Happy
Edit: You will probably want to convert the files into AIFF
instead of WAV. The AIFF can then be converted into mp3 or AAC
by using iTunes, for example.
starman714

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

believe it or not that torrent is still alive and coming down at a good speed, must be one of the longest standing uploads in dime history Cool
raoul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, incredible, nearly 10 years since it's been upped.
Silverface

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Careful! Need another way to get this Reply with quote

The only problem is there's no way I'm registering on a torrent site.

Too many people are getting letters from ASCAP, BMI, Universal, Sony and others regarding email addresses being found on known pirate sites. They warn the first time - after that you're screwed. I know one lady who was fined $4500 because her kids downloaded a couple of songs - but the assumption was made that they *could* have downloaded copyrighted material steadily for the 18 months they were registered.e And she LOST the appeal.

If someone can post this in a Dropbox or other personal storage site and provide the link I'd sure like to get a copy. As-is, though, I won't touch it. Already got a warning letter from Sony from something I registered on 5 or 6 years ago and never even used.
unbridled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya, Silver. I would love to hear them, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Clarence White All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: