Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'new 2012 D-18'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: 'new 2012 D-18' Reply with quote

The last several months I've been saving my spare change for a Martin D-18V and I've just noticed none are listed at Elderly's and Maury's nor the Martin catalog. It seems to have been replaced with the 'new 2012' D-18. My question is how does this compare with the D-18V? I've seen the comparison with the new and old and it appears to have some of the Vintage features. Does anyone have any comments and opinions about the new 2012 D-18? It seem like it has very favorable comments on the other forums.
Dogbear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to give you an answer as there are not many out there. My friend has one ordered from Maury's Music and delivery time is around mid to late May. Since I will do the set up for him, I'll let you know. It has many pre war features with some modern ones thrown in....

Quote:
Martin has revamped the legendary D-18! Improvements include a higher grade Sitka top, an ebony bridge, foreward-shifted scalloped braces and a mahogany neck. Other changes include a wider nut & aging toner. The Martin D-18 is the standard by which every other mahogany dreadnought should be measured; that classic dry woody tone that Martin is famous for. It is equally suitable for bluegrass, country or rock. Martin D18 comes with a Martin hardshell case.
Brian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this guitar at NAMM in January. I was as impressed with this guitar as I was with any other Martin I played there which included D-18A, D-18GE, D-45V... Maybe I was even more impressed and pleased considering it was a new take on the old standard for a great price. Martin did a good thing with the new D-18
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Flatpickin' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: