Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marty Stuart Show Sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Marty Stuart Show Sound Reply with quote

The vocals and guitar tones on this show are consistently as good as anything I've heard; an SF Princeton Reverb for Kenny Vaughan, SF Deluxe Reverb for Stuart with the Clarence Tele, and whatever amp the guest uses. This last weekend Brad Paisley used an AC-30 at far stage left, and sounded pretty close to his recorded tone. Does anyone know where the show is taped; somewhere in Nashville, I understand.
Hot_Water

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is all I could find on it Rick,, sounds like Nashville, someplace else I read North Star studio

Grand Ole Opry member Marty Stuart recently began taping the second season of The Marty Stuart Show, which pays homage to the finest musical traditions of the genre.

The 30-minute program is broadcast at 8 p.m. (Central) each Saturday on cable’s RFD-TV, a rural lifestyle network, with studios based in Music City

Continue reading on Examiner.com RFD-TV, country fans bring The Marty Stuart Show back for second season - Nashville Country Music | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/country-music-in-nashville/rfd-tv-country-fans-bring-the-marty-stuart-show-back-for-second-season#ixzz1ePTuO7ft
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

It's a must watch show every week.
Tony Trout

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish my cable provider had this channel. Sad I'd love to see it and also have GAC as well. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Trout wrote:
I wish my cable provider had this channel. Sad I'd love to see it and also have GAC as well. Sad

We get it on Dish Network in southern California. Just recorded Vince Gill & Sting on Crossroads.
Hot_Water

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RFD-TV is a good channel I been gettin caught up on all the old HEE HAW shows I missed besides Marty's
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Good timing... Reply with quote

Just watching Buck Trent and his electric bender banjo(?) on a replay of today's show to make up for the disastrous Florida and UCLA games. Who here is familiar with Trent and his banjo?
Hot_Water

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RFD TV airs The Porter Wagoner show which sometimes has Buck on there when he was Porters Guitar / Banjo player before Bruce Osbon. that Banjo he devolped had a really unique sound. He still plays at Branson I believe.
Bill Hisle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Buck a couple of years ago in Branson. His banjo has a steel bridge and couple of palm benders as well as two Scruggs tuners. It really has a pedal steel sound the way he plays it. During the show he sort of explained the whole set up.

I've also seen Marty the last couple of years in Branson at the RFD Theater. He always brings Buck up for a couple of tunes. This year they played the old Dolly and Porter "Holding On with Nothing Left to hold on to."

Buck also has a banjo with nylon strings. You may remember that sound from Dolly's "Jolene" which was played by Buck on the his nylon stringed banjo.

You can find all kinds of stuff, including Buck on the old Porter Wagoner show, on Youtube.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: