Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi all, just joined!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rballister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, not so sure about that light pick. I remember reading articles in the past (here are two) that Clarence used a small (teardrop) very heavy pick for both acoustic and electric. Whether these guys actually know any better is hard to say. Maybe he only gave away the ones he didn't use! Cool

http://www.burritobrother.com/gear.htm

http://www.acguitar.com/article/default.aspx?articleid=22434
Tele2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures! Can I just say that I'm jealous? New York has everything! Not that I would know because I've never been there, just from pictures and hearsay.

@Brian- I kind of like a thinner pick for Tele also. Well, no thinner than "Medium" for me, like a 0.73mm. Has a really nice bite to it.

To this day, I still can't pin it down to using just one pick. I LOVE guitar picks, and I'm always trying something new. My collection keeps expanding. I need another Rubbermaid divider box... mine is overflowing.
MickeyV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thin pick: If you listen to CW, I don't believe you can get the kind of attack he got on acoustic and electric with a thin pick. There were stories of him sometimes playing with a 50 cent piece. My bet is that he played with a heavy pick -- maybe a mandolin pick.
Brian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MickeyV wrote:
Thin pick: If you listen to CW, I don't believe you can get the kind of attack he got on acoustic and electric with a thin pick. There were stories of him sometimes playing with a 50 cent piece. My bet is that he played with a heavy pick -- maybe a mandolin pick.

Acoustic definitely thick probably shell...Tele? thin works just fine especially w extra light strings and a cranked amp
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Memories...... Reply with quote

In 1991 I got out of a deposition at the Pan Am Building in late morning and took a walk south from there down to the World Trade Center to catch the bus to Newark Airport. I believe I stopped at every guitar store along the way, from the 48th street stores, to an upstairs store on 39th or 31th (?) to Rudy's and Matt Umanov in the Village. It was a great walk.

Brian wrote:
Here's another shot showing the old Terminal store, next to Sam Ash

And an older shot showing Manny's still on the other side of Sam Ash

and a current shot showing Sam Ash devoured Manny's

and just for fun here's Rudy's across the street
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Clarence White All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: