Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

timeline of kentucky Colonels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john bodle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: timeline of kentucky Colonels Reply with quote

I hadn't seen much activity lately so I thought i would ask a few questions concerning the kentucky colonels:
1. I was reading the book Roland just put out and he mentions that the the Colonels disbanded around mid 1966, I always thought it was 10/31/65 at a bowling alley. I also heard that they hired a drummer named Bart Haney. Was that the configuration that led them into 1966?
Also does anybody know what was the proverbial final straw as they say?Was it all collectivley agreed to hang it up?
2.I understand that they were doing some electrified gigs. Did this occur before 10/31/65 or again was this the configuration that led them into mid 66'?
3. when did the individual band members actually leave the group, ie. Billy ray and Roger?
4. I was reading a book that Ronnie Stoneman put out and essentially she claims that Scotty jumped ship and joined the Colonels. Does anybody know when he started and when He actually left. I've wondered if his personal life intefered in the gig with the colonels.
Bunch of questions i know!!
Murr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were together in '67 with Warford on banjo, maybe a picture was labeled that way or something.
Bob Warford

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Roland, Clarence, Eric, Dennis Morse, and I played in 1966-7, the group was variously called The Kentucky Colonels (including one album released at that time), the White Brothers, and the White Brothers & Friends.

Sometimes, in the same evening at the Ash Grove, Ed Pearl would introduce us for one set as the Kentucky Colonels, and for the next as White Brothers and Friends...

Hope that adds a bit of useful info.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Flatpickin' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: