Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New bender from Germany

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiSt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: New bender from Germany Reply with quote

Hello, first off, my apologies if you have read this over on the TDPRI...

Hello everybody,
until a month ago I'd have never thunk to lay hands on an electric again. That was when my little bluegrass outfit shared the stage with a rockabilly/country act, and the guitar guy would play a tele through a bassman. Something went click, and an affliction that had been dormant for a few decades would pop up again: I soo wanted a bender tele.
Did some asking around, toyed with the idea of a Nashville bender but eventually stuck with the real McCoy, bought (barely) used from a dude in the UK. Parsons-White bender, Warmoth body and (presumably) neck, one chunky C-shaped mother, nice figured maple.
Seeing as I live only about an hour's drive from Frankfurt, maybe I ought to get myself a sticker... then again maybe not

Anyway, I treated myself to a tiny Swart Atom to go with it, and boy is that a match made in heaven (for what I intend to do with it, anyways - clean country with a hair of reverb). That little bugger uses its 8 inch speaker like nobody's business. Very happy with the combo.

So, I'm only just getting my feet wet, but I can tell this one is here to stay. During my few weeks of looking around and gathering information, this forum has been a tremendous resource, so thank y'all for making this available.
Cheers
- Dieter

patdaddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! very cool telecaster
you can get the decals here...
http://www.axetremecreations.com/products/69/570/marty_stuart__clarence_white__replica_decals/
Tony Trout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdaddy wrote:
welcome! very cool telecaster
you can get the decals here...
http://www.axetremecreations.com/products/69/570/marty_stuart__clarence_white__replica_decals/

It's funny you should mention the decals. I found these guys on Ebay and that's where I got mine to put on my paisley tele. Great work with the decals and they're fast at shipping them, too!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Silverface

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad no one has yet come out with a completely clean-looking "Clarence" decal...i.e. the Nudie "black hat" decal that was on the guitar when Clarence played it. The "white hat" decal is a Marty-thing.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: