Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bob Warford on Ronstadt's "Love Has No Pride"?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Bob Warford on Ronstadt's "Love Has No Pride"? Reply with quote

Just found a 1973 version of LHNP on Youtube with Sneaky Pete and a bender guitar that sure sounds like Bob. Bob, do you know this clip?
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: And another version from the Prison Concert Reply with quote

that's definitely Bob.....in the background with the stage right camera. Powerful playing.
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick do you have a link to the clip?
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Sorry, I need to check how to post links.... Reply with quote

I found them by the song search; first the Bonnie Raitt versions and then two Linda's: 1973 ABC show with Sneaky Pete and then the Prison one shows up on the right margin. The Heart Like A Wheel Band I saw in 1974.
Hot_Water

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN8YVVKPNC0&feature=related
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot_Water wrote:
is this the one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN8YVVKPNC0&feature=related

That's the first one. No visuals, but the guitar tone is unmistakable.
Bob Warford

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rick - and you are correct. That's me on guitar. I think that was part of either a Don Kirschner's Rock Concert tv show we did in early 1974 or the second New Year's Rockin' Eve, which showed, of course, on New Year's Eve 1973, but was actually recorded sometime in October of 1973.

I'm not sure if Sneaky played on the New Year's Rockin' Eve Show (and clearly he is on this video), but he did play on the Kirschner Rock Concert show.

The New Year's Rockin' Eve show was filmed on the Queen Mary, but I can't see enough of the room in the video to tell if it might be there or not.

Bob
Hot_Water

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foolin around looking for the utube Rick was talking I about found this one of Bob and Linda Ronstadt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQCpnEK7-wk&feature=related If I could ask a question we were discussing on another form,, Linda Ronstadt form,, A guy mentioned he thought he heard a Tele on the song Your No Good / Heart Like A Wheel album,, did Bob Play on that cut? they were talking about at the time Ms Ronstadt had concerns about it sounding to Beatlesque of Andrew Gold's Lead? I'm really enjoying this site guys/gals thanks for all the info ya'll put on here.
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Good question...my recollection Reply with quote

Hot_Water wrote:
foolin around looking for the utube Rick was talking I about found this one of Bob and Linda Ronstadt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQCpnEK7-wk&feature=related If I could ask a question we were discussing on another form,, Linda Ronstadt form,, A guy mentioned he thought he heard a Tele on the song Your No Good / Heart Like A Wheel album,, did Bob Play on that cut? they were talking about at the time Ms Ronstadt had concerns about it sounding to Beatlesque of Andrew Gold's Lead? I'm really enjoying this site guys/gals thanks for all the info ya'll put on here.

If I recall correctly from the 1974 Cal State Fullerton show, Bob and Andrew Gold played the harmony parts from You're No Good and When Will I Be Loved live. However, it may be that Ed (?) Black the steel player played a guitar part as well. I believe Gold played all of the multiple recorded tracks. I always enjoyed those tracks along with the John Hall-Larry Hoppen harmonized parts with Orleans.

As usual, Bob will set the record straight.

PD HW: Thanks for the PM; I'll get back to you on it. In the meantime, check out leftyfrets.net.
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Dan Dugmore... Reply with quote

Bob, did you ever play with Dan Dugmore in Linda's band?
Bob Warford

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Responding to Rick's questions -

I did not play on the version of "You're No Good" that was ultimately used on the album. As I recall, we tried it in the studio with various combinations of players, including, I think, members of the group "Tower of Power". By the time I left the band to start law school, the final version had not yet been cut, as far as I know.

It is my understanding that Andrew Gold was a major force in organizing and orchestrating the final version of the song, which turned out (in my opinion) to be the best of all the versions attempted.

As for Dan Dugmore, unfortunately, I never got to play with Dan in Linda's band, or any other. I know Dan (although I haven't seen him in many years) and consider him a terrific player, and wish I could have played with him sometime over the years.

Bob
Hot_Water

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information on that , it's really nice to find out things like that. Back then there was no way a fan of that kind music in rural ohio would have ever found out something like that. Thank You ,, and Thanks Rick for the lefty frets site. I been living on there. lol
Hot_Water

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Rick do you have a link to the clip?

the last few seconds at the end of this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN8YVVKPNC0&feature=player_embedded
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: