Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clarence had an E-Bender?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Warford

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed (don't know how I missed it before, Raybob's post from 2013, and should mention that the Fender steel parts I used (and, I'm relatively sure, Clarence and Gene used) were the "scissor" version, where one side allows sharping, the other flatting, or the two together, a combination - presumably, for example, a full step sharp, a half-step flat, and in combination, a half-step sharp - never used the flatting side, but it's there...

Bob
Silverface

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then, let me ask this: If he's so horrified by it, isn't there a way he could remove the E-bender and put the guitar back like it was when Clarence had it

Yeah, but it would not be like Clarence had it - there would be several holes in the top and on the back. He has said it's hardly ever used except as a last second "maybe I'll try this again" thing - and then unused for l-o-ng- periods of time.
unbridled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the little time I spent with the guitar, it looks like a fairly big hole (maybe 3/8"). It really does look like the leg off a washing machine or appliance. For the hell of it, I did push the plunger. It sounded like it was in tune (1/2 step), so maybe he still uses it from time to time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Clarence White All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: