Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jimmi Seiter book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nature's Child

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Jimmi Seiter book Reply with quote

posted on The 'Clarence White' Byrds Facebook page:

Long time Byrds road manager Jimmi Seiter (who was noted for being the percussionist during the Clarence White era) is preparing a Book on his memoirs of working for The Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers, etc.

Jimmy signed on with the band right around the time of 5D, and with the exception of a brief detour to work with the FBB, he stayed with The Byrds almost to the very end.

The book will be 8 chapters (He has 4 done so far), but each chapter has at least 40 sub-chapters. The book is likely to be entitled 'The Byrds - My Way'

He has HUNDREDS & HUNDREDS of Byrds pics that have never been seen before and he wants to hear from folks who are potentially interested in purchasing his works.

He wants to gather names and addresses, and everyone is welcome to contact him @ jimdukies(at)gmail.com

Please note that the works will be available on 'eBooks' (?), Thus it may not be sold as a real book.
Savalas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this at the moment.. and so far, it's absolutely fascinating.. recommended reading.
bakerbyrd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book details the day-to-day life of a roadie. Not easy work, physically or mentally. Jimmi was a great guy to work with during the times I hung with the band in the early-70's. I'll never forget the wild ride through NYC, driving him from the Byrds gig at a movie theatre in Brooklyn to meet up with his brother at the Apollo, who was there for an Odetta show. Looking forward to future installments.
Nature's Child

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much of this first volume deals with the Clarence-era Byrds?
bakerbyrd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None. It focuses on 1966.
Savalas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed, it seems like the story will be sequential in terms of publishing, the Clarence era is yet to come, but the early stuff is well worth a read if you are a Byrds fan in any shape or form..
rickhouston

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: clarence content in Seiter's My Way Reply with quote

it isn't quite correct to say no content re Clarence. little, but a few pearls. he says not a single Byrd ever cared or expressed opinions or suggestions re his own guitar tone, until Clarence came into the band, and Clarence cared much, had suggestions, was sort of a perfectionist. one big reason they went from decent live garage band status to the greatest live show of the late 60s/early 70s.

all they needed was Clarence.
JimmiSeiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: The Byrds - MY WAY - Vol 1 ,,,,,, Vol 2 by end of Oct E-Book Reply with quote

Volume 2 begins the Clarence White stories,,,,,, Recording on Younger Than Yesterday...... But it was my introduction to Clarence as the story continues..... Enjoy
rickhouston

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: My Way vol2, re Clarence "Whitey" Reply with quote

sounds fantastic Jimmi, bring it !
JimmiSeiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: THE BYRDS - MY WAY - VOLUME 5 Reply with quote

Okay so here is Volume 5 of the series and Clarence is firmly in the band now..... So to all of you wondering well the stories are there now for you to read and critique.....
rickhouston

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: thanks for volume 5 Reply with quote

Jimmi, very interesting read. loved hearing so much detail re the Dr. Byrds recording process. by coincidence i just read one of the Johnny Cash biographies, they make Bob Johnston out to be a good important guy in his Folsom Prison show period, but you show him in a very different light, wow. really like the reverence you have for Clarence, it comes thru loud and clear, and there is no place else to learn more about Clarence's music/ contribution. those of us still around who heard/ saw him play find it very disappointing there is such a lack of historical record of his playing. keep writing more !

thanks again
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: