Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acoustic Strap Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbridled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Acoustic Strap Question Reply with quote

This is a really insignificant question, but shows that Clarence had such an impact on us that folks like me pick apart the smallest details.

In the Country Suite video (possibly my favorite), Clarence plays guitar, switches to mando, and then switches back on "Rollin."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGdGdjc9GfI

Anyway, at about :47, you get a side/back view of Clarence, and it looks like there is a secondary part of his guitar strap that's attached to the lower bout of his guitar. Maybe it's just an illusion or a fold in his shirt.

I don't think it's a mando strap because it doesn't look like the mando has a strap when he's playing it.

I know, a really silly question.
Silverface

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a strap hooked on to his guitar strap that the mando is hanging from - at a couple of other spots during "Rollin'" it looks like *something* is hanging from his back. I don't see any other way he could have changed instruments that quickly - at other gigs he took longer to change and literally threw the D-28 he was using to a stagehand while another handed him his mando.
unbridled

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be. I know it's a very trivial question. I just really like seeing the mechanics and choreography that goes on behind the scenes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Flatpickin' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: