Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beach Boys bender...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Beach Boys bender... Reply with quote

Among the various Jazzmasters, Al Jardine's Strat and Jeffrey Foskett's 335's, there was a red rosewood board PW bender Telecaster in at least 4 songs, one of which featured some very tasteful fills. I'm looking to see who it was; not from Brian's usual band I think, and he sang one lead vocal as well.
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Scott Totten Reply with quote

By a process of elimination, it looks like it's Scott Totten, the Brian and Al-less Beach Boys musical director, playing the bender. I've contended for 20 years that it's not just for country anymore.
rballister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree! There's all kinds of bendy stuff that goes on in World music too (Indian and Middle eastern come to mind). You could probably apply a bender in some way. Been listening again to old Kaleidoscope stuff from the 60's (David Lindley's old band. Psychedelia + Middle eastern + bluegrass + a bit of flamenco + a bit Indian + you get the idea). If they had a bender then they probably would have used it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: