Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VH Wiring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savalas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: VH Wiring Reply with quote

Would anyone be able to help me with a wiring diagram to wire my Velvet Hammers to a standard 3 way switcher, I currently have them wired to a 4way with a gain boost switch in what I believe is termed the Nashville West setup.

What I want to achieve is a consistent volume/tone as opposed to the two extremes of volume and multiple tone variations that I currently have whilst wired to the 4way/phase switch. In effect, just the ability to utilise the velvet hammers as if they were regular Tele pickups.
Silverface

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is old...but did I ever send it to you? If not, please shoot me an email.

It's actually no different from the 4-way except for the wiring of the 4-way switch; the mini-toggle (or push-pull) is wired the same, as the secondary coil is hot-wired through the toggle to the output (at least as I recall without looking at it).

Anyway - I have both ways drawn out in a clear diagram (not a schematic, since only a few of us seem to be able to decipher schematics...hell, I had 3 years of electronics including working as a teaching and switches in schematic still screw me up!

Wink
Savalas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim,

I sent you a pm, much appreciated..
Dan
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: