Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C White's parents

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raybob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: C White's parents Reply with quote

I was wondering.. Clarence was about 10 years older than me. Both my parents are still alive. I was wondering if his parents are still around and could be visited or called. They must be some great people to have raised such a family with Clarence and Roland, not to mention the stories they must be able to tell.

Curious,
Raybob
patdaddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe their father passed away before clarence did
mwhite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: my grandparents Reply with quote

Yes.... Grandpa died, from a heartattack, about 2 years before my dad was killed.. our grandparents lived with us in Leona Valley and he died in the middle of the night, in his room... it was very sad, my father picked me up and cried on my shoulder .. I'll never forget it,

Then my grandmother continued to live with us, and when we all moved she rented an apt / duplex in Lancaster, with my aunt Rosemarie. She lived there until she became sick with colon cancer, and moved in with Rosemarie. She lived there until she passed in '92. I was pregnant with Haley and didn't know it, when I went to her funeral.

My grandfather, I didn't remember a whole lot ... I was little around him. He liked to barb-q in the summer Wink I remember that much about him.. But my grandmother was something else... she was a very quiet, and humble lady ..... never complained, and she lived very clean ...she actually was a nanny type housekeeper for a nice family that treated her well. My grandmother was very quiet, but all I had to do to get her to laugh to tears, was do impressions ..... joke clown around, and we would laugh until we cried together... I think we shared the exact same sense of humor, I miss her so much Smile
patdaddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelle, are you still working on your book?
mwhite

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: not sure if my reply posted correctly Reply with quote

Yes, I just picked it back up. It's been written, edited some... and now I have someone helping me with a presentation to present to some publishers -

If this posted twice, disregard my computer is lagging !
rballister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle, I was wondering, did Clarence and his siblings speak French? I believe your parentage is French-Canadian. I think his former bandmate Gib Guilbeau did (at least he occasionally sung in French). I was trying to think if there was a French influence in any of his songs or performances but I couldn't come up with anything. My father's mother was French and the first few years of his life he spoke only French although he was born and raised in the US. Wondering if it was the same with Clarence.
mwhite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: speaking French Reply with quote

The way Roland explained it to me, was that his mom and dad spoke French, and the little ones did, JoAnne and Roland, up until they were 4 years old or so.

Then when they had to start school, they had to start speaking English, and spoke a little at home. Dad was taught English, and didn't speak French, he and Rosemarie were the youngest. I'm not sure about their brother, Eric.

As far as the songs go, I don't recall any French influence, although I could be wrong .....
Murr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way neat stuff . . I'm lookin' forward to the book.
mwhite

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: book Reply with quote

Thanks Murr !! Cool I can't wait to get to see it done / published ... Oh happy day ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Clarence White All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: