Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CLARENCE pickups

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weevus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: CLARENCE pickups Reply with quote

Hey all............Just got a message from Marty Stuart's staff and they said this..............Marty had not done anything to the pickups in "CLARENCE"...........Front pu.......'54 strat stock winding.....back pu......rewound by Red Rhodes.............Weevus....... Very Happy
Silverface

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's been known for a decade or longer. The guitar was pretty thrashed when he got it - nobody knows if Clarence changed the bridge pickup and the Keith tuner (to the E string) or if someone else did before Marty got it. Both Red and Clarence said the neck PU was rewound (by Red) and the VH installed by Red with the same wiring harness (the "wrong" wiring) as Mike Nihen's Nashville West guitars...Mike got the diagram straight from Red (as did I long before I bought a pickup, but I lost mine years ago - remembered vaguely how it worked and got lucky when I bought a VHTBX).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: