Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vibrolux mods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youngun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: vibrolux mods Reply with quote

Hey everybody, i'm new to the forum, i'm an early twenties apostle of clarence and all things late Byrds. I've recently gotten tuned in (all puns intended) to modifying amps, and i was wondering what everybody thinks about Clarence's vibrolux reverb. I've been coming up with a few mod plans to my 65, but i was wondering what you all think. Clarences was in my opinion probably modded by Red to AA864 main board stats, as the vibrolux was pretty similar to begin with, but what do you all think? Clarence's main small to medium amp was this vibrolux (blackface early i believe) and big gigs with a blackface dual showman, but what other mods do we think? i'm betting bias pot and 864 circuit, but what do you think? let me know. i'm probably one of the youngest trying to cop his tone, but i ansolutely love it, and i'm trying to turn a whole new generation on to the skill and beauty that was and is Clarence.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: