Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a fuzz pedal!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Booshay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Looking for a fuzz pedal! Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm look ing for a good fuzz pedal capable of tackling the "Unititled" sounds. "Lover of the Bayou" and "Eight Miles High" stick out in my mind for great fuzz type tone. I've been looking at demos on youtube on the Fender Blender and they sound good when playing single notes, but when chorded it sounds like death metal. Any thoughts or suggestions?
dluxrvrb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this thread is a little bit old, but if you haven't purchased anything yet (I know I took forever to find just the right fuzz pedal) I tried lots of stuff. I wanted a Fuzz Face, but not a Fuzz Face. I finally ended up with the Hellbilly by tone factor it combines the sound of the fuzz face and the sound of the arbiter treble booster. Its just a really cool fuzz. I don't know if they still make it, I saw it listed in a new pedal book my buddy had the other week though. I bought mine a few years back. Lately I saw the OX Fuzz on ebay, I think the guy who makes them sells them there. I really like the sound of those and I think I will get one sooner or later. It is really close to a fuzz face only smoother and without the unpredictability that fuzz faces are prone to. Its not just fuzz faces that have issues, I have had other germanium type fuzz pedals and would hit them expecting great fuzz tones and got absolutely nothing! Its embarrassing when your playing out and the band builds up and you hit your fuzz only to get really bright clean guitar sounds, that just don't fit there. Like my playing isn't embarrassing enough on its own (HAHA) Try lots of stuff and have fun.
Chris Parris
getbent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a great Dan Zink made Fuzz on the gear page right now for 80.00 shipped...

I have a dan zink made zendrive and it is mucho splendido... I don't need a fuzz (have a couple) but, if I did... Danny's would be it!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: