Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Met Dinky Dawson at AES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rballister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Met Dinky Dawson at AES Reply with quote

Met Dinky Dawson a couple of hours ago at the AES (Audio Engineering) show at the Javits Center in NYC. I was wandering around drooling over expensive studio equipment and there he was with a little booth selling his book, "Life on the Road". I suspect many of you already have it because of all the Byrds content. I asked him about the unreleased (I believe he said he has a couple of 100!) board tapes of the Byrds which are in his possession. He said there was very little chance of any of it being released because of a certain controlling member of the group (all manner of less than flattering things were said about said person which I will not repeat. I only know the person as a fan and I appreciate his work). He also mentioned that there were a number of articles he had written about the Byrds on Wolfgangs Vault. If you click on the "Crawdaddy" link on the Wolfgangs Vault site and type "Byrds" in the search box the articles will come up. Here's one of them titled "Byrds for Gearheads":
http://crawdaddy.wolfgangsvault.com/Article/Byrds-for-Gearheads.html
Don't know if this stuff was in his book or not as its been some time since I read "Life on the Road".
Brian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool article!...I'd really like to know more about Valley Sound's circuit design fro Clarence's fuzz... Think anyone is still around that knows about it?

There's more Dinky links

http://crawdaddy.wolfgangsvault.com/Article/1970-Tales-of-Byrds-and-Brownies.html

http://crawdaddy.wolfgangsvault.com/Article/1971-Byrds-Dinky-Pens-BB-Class-Road.html

Check out the live sound recording of BB Class Road on this last link! Never heard this before...this must be one of Dinky's secret stash trax Cool
Dogbear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rballister, thanks for the post. I really enjoyed all of these links. I'll have to get a copy of "Life on the Road". sounds like an interesting read.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: