Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holland amps is back in business!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silverface

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Holland amps is back in business! Reply with quote

Mike Holland got the rights back to his name and amp designs, and is trademarking everything so they can't be swiped from him again. He's working on some new recording preamps, a line of steel amps and some other new things.

Just a mailing list on the site, but he's close to full production.

www.hollandamps.com
Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

That's interesting that you'd mention this. I just noticed his site back up today.

I've been looking into buying a 'high-end' amp. I haven't decided if I'm going to go with another boutique amp like my Bad Cat...or for more of an 'investment' type amp like a vintage tweed or plexi.

Any advice?

-Matt
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Holland news Reply with quote

Well, Jim, I guess this makes us owners of "pre-Heritage" Holland Little Jimi's!
I'm going to have to raise the price on my ad. It's like "pre-U.S. Music" Matchless amps. Or "pre-FMIC" SWR's. Whatever.........
Silverface

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt - It would be hard to recommend an amp without knowing exactly what you want to use it for. What I've tried t do with my amps is have one for every possible venue so I can always use an amp that's driving hard, just short of wide-open. Within that, I'll have a few tonal differences from my usual Fender-ish sound; Ampeg, Holland, Magnatone, ZVex.

So - what do you have now, what kind of music do yu play (and where) and what new sound are you shooting for?
Silverface

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt - It would be hard to recommend an amp without knowing exactly what you want to use it for. What I've tried t do with my amps is have one for every possible venue so I can always use an amp that's driving hard, just short of wide-open. Within that, I'll have a few tonal differences from my usual Fender-ish sound; Ampeg, Holland, Magnatone, ZVex.

So - what do you have now, what kind of music do yu play (and where) and what new sound are you shooting for?
Matt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I'm looking to maybe buy an 'investment' type amp. I'm not necessarily looking for something to drag into some of the clubs/dives that we sometimes end up in. I have a run of the mill blues jr that goes to clubs/bars. Mainly because I'm not all that concerned if someone knocks it over or spills a beer on it...or walks away with it.

I sold the 2 really good amps I had (Bad Cat Hot Cat, Dr. Z Maz 18 ) in the past 2 years to pay for college. At this point I'm leaning towards replacing the Dr. Z and also buying a vintage tweed or plexi.

Any experience with the early dual professional/v-front supers?

-Matt
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: