Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BF Vibrolux Clones?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
getbent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: BF Vibrolux Clones? Reply with quote

I've been kind of looking at old vibroluxes and wondered if anyone knew of any vibrolux kits or clones... and have you tried any?
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Getbent...

The only one I know of (never played one) is the Allen Amps "Encore"... Not an exact clone but pretty close and has some other newer features.

It is available as a kit and an assembled amp. I think Rick Towne had one of these.

http://allenamps.com/encore.html

Other than that.... I don't believe anyone is cloning that exact chassis size for an aftermarket. You could also try and find a trashed newer Custom Vibrolux Reverb...and rip out it's PCB and build a VR clone from it... Basically retaining the cabinet and chassis and knobs etc..

By the time you did that though, you could easily by a Fender Silverface Vibrolux Reverb and play it as is or 'blackface' it.
getbent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: you're right Reply with quote

I've noticed lately a LOT of Allens and Lil Dawg's etc for sale... I think maybe folks get really excited and then reality kinda kicks in...

I'll keep my eye out for sf vl... it would be fun to own one! I actually read in a thread someone call a twin a 'boat anchor'! I guess I don't know what boat anchor means... I thought it meant something heavy of NO value that was a nuisance... I can't imagine calling a twin that!

I'm pretty well set for amps... it would just be fun to play out with once in awhile... I played my buddy's and I reallly like the sound... a little different from my tone king...
Brian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you keep watching ebay...you can find a used blackface from $1500 or so... Silverface $1000 or so... Another great amp is the Pro Reverb....similar in power to the VR but 2 x 12's instead of 2 x10....
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Post jam post.... Reply with quote

Drake's and Brian's Vibroluxes sounded great. I still have a 2x10 ceramic and 1x12 alnico Old Flames. No bloom off the rose here after three years. I had two BFVR's and did very well selling them.
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is no clone...

Look at this pristine 66 Vibrolux Reverb! Go to the first link and scroll down to see it. At $2800 it's steep for sure but man, you'd be set for life (amp-wise). Cool

http://www.marksguitarloft.com/catalog.php?cat=new

(direct link)
http://www.marksguitarloft.com/picBrowser.php?id=1966vibroluxreverb
PeeWee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer amp! Mark Bishop is a really good guy and always gets quality gear in his store. You can hardly go wrong buying from him; really knows his stuff.
getbent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Post jam post.... Reply with quote

Rick Towne wrote:
Drake's and Brian's Vibroluxes sounded great. I still have a 2x10 ceramic and 1x12 alnico Old Flames. No bloom off the rose here after three years. I had two BFVR's and did very well selling them.

Rick how close is the 2X10 to a sf vibrolux? does it have reverb, trem (vibrato?) etc?

I've always thought those Allens were cool... I remember seeing ads for them in GP before the internet and always thought that would be a cool choice.
Mur

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Drake's and Brian's Vibroluxes sounded great.

Two different beasts, soundwise
getbent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mur, do you mean that drake and brian's are two different beasts or

that Rick's 2X10 Allen is a totally different beast from Drake and Brian's?
jharris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some pickin recently with Dave Gleason, he has a SF Vibroluxe and it sounded fantastic, really had that kinda dry compressed sound, super twangy but with this little soul vibe, which pretty much describes Dave too!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: